Wednesday, July 19, 2006

demonstrations in beirut

Dearest Friends and Supporters and Loved Ones,

I am afraid I am too exhausted to write up a diary for today.. Been working so hard all day on so many things. Everything from solving the half a million refugee problem we now have to keeping my parents calm, to trying to contact international media to tell them about what is going on.

So many of you have asked me how you can help; I can tell you now, what we need so much of is media coverage that highlights the reality of the situation in Lebanon. I watched a bit of CNN today and I was shocked.

I am working with several NGOs, volunteers, activists, etc to reach the international media. To reach the world...

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

1. contact the media and let them know about what is going on 2. contact your local politicians and ask them to step in 3. send me reliable media contacts that I can either send my stories to or inform them about events, medical needs, etc.

In the meantime, you can also help by passing around the below message to any good/effective/reliable media sources you may have. We really need to get the international press there so the world can see us!


****************
An invitation for a demonstration against the Israeli Attacks on Lebanon

A group of civil society organizations "Lil Hayat" (For Life) invites all Lebanese to gather in front of the UN House (ESCWA) in Riad El Solh Square in Beirut at 11 am on Thursday July 20, 2006 to march to the European Union Headquarters in Saifi. The gathering will be submitting a statement in protest of the Israeli attacks and calling on the mobilization of the world to stop the Israeli attacks on Lebanon.

Be many so we can be one.
*******************


Thank you to all for your wonderful support... So many of you I have never met.. Hopefully one day I will be able to invite you to my home in Beirut... It will be a sunny day. The breeze will be blowing just right... Maybe we will drink matee, maybe arak? We will joke and laugh. And my children will be running around with flowers in their hair.

With love,
Zena

5 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I've just read a few lines of your blog and you confirmed so many things I was afraid of. You will have my support. Lebanon will. I'll keep on reading tomorrow from work..I have to go now. Greetings from an Italian in London.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Nadim Asrar said...

It's difficult to find such voices of sanity and restraint amidst so much of smoke all around. It's moving. Here is a small voice of solidarity from a fellow Indian. Israel, strangely, has not learnt from history.
May peace prevail soon. Amen.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zena,

I just learned of this news service.

Writer Jim Lobe's focus is whose in/out in US foreign policy circles.

From him you find out where all the "plans" come from.


Nancy

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in America and watching the media here, to tell you the truth it is shocking and completely unfair, I wish I could do something.
I hope you, your friends and family be in peace and try to stay safe
Amen

-Warner Brown

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are to me the green ever green of lebanon and your writings tell this. Oh, how you say it like you mean it. Such is the cedar a flower, a special flower that survives all the elements

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home